8/18/14

Pharast 1st, 656 AR

Aiko Minoko, my favorite Sister!
I've finally arrived back 'home'. I have to say I scarcely recognized Sis! She has gotten so very tall and serene since I last saw her. Well, at least until Master Motaga, took his leave. Then once again that mischievous smile so easily slipped onto her features and it was like we were back traveling with Grandfather all over again. So very nostalgic!

Aiko loved the little 'chocobo' doll as much as I thought she would. She seemed immensely pleased. I’ll hang on to the ocarina for now and figure out a fitting time to give it to her. Don’t want to spoil her after all!


*The bottom half of the page appears slightly scorched but also stained as if it got sprayed with water based on the yellowed markings upon it*

Well Kieshkin still managed to catch us. The little guy is hard to describe, but if you imagine a little hunched back guy with yellow, leathery skin and bulging eyes...that's him.

He invited/coerced/forced Aiko and me into one of his games again. Turns out he's vastly improved the reliability of his explosive charges so they weren't as likely to hit us.

As for the game itself...basically Kieshkin throws small round orbs into the nearby lake which explode and toss fish into the air. We're supposed to bat them out of the air into buckets with bamboo rods (as opposed to fishing, that'd be too easy right?). First one of us to get 10 fish in their bucket was the winner. I should clarify get the majority of the fish or whatever is left after it gets hit by explosive into the bucket. Turns out this isn't a great way to actually get fish you can eat. Live and learn.

...and yes, Aiko beat me. Anytime she asks I'm going with the story that I let her win to be a nice older brother (even though this was not the case). On the bright side, at least I didn't end up scorched and coughing smoke this time. It's not uncommon when dealing with Kieshkin.

After we finished up Kieshkin's game, Aiko started packing and tomorrow afternoon we'll be hiking out to where Grandfather fell and now rests. We'll get caught up and pay our respects to him as we usually do, sharing memories of the good old times when we were young and all traveling together. Gods above, how I miss him.  

For tonight though, I'll stop by the tavern and pay my respects to him the other way he'd most certainly appreciate. Through strong sake and drunkenly bothering Motaga at some ungodly hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment